10 things I wish I could say to 10 different people I know (no names used):
- I miss when you had dreams for the future.
- I feel like I’m always polishing what you carved. The splinters are annoying.
- I had this dream once that you were suicidal and only had one reason to live. My subconscious is pretty right about this.
- I miss the stories you used to tell, but then you dropped off the face of the earth. For a long time, I was worried you died, but I’m glad you resurfaced even if we don’t know each other anymore.
- I’ve know for a long time that you’re gay, but have never pushed it as we aren’t that close. But when you do finally come out, I just want you to know I’ll support you.
- I wish I could hold your hand and show you what I see about you. But you’d probably just laugh as it’s something to discover on your own.
- I thought you were really rude to me and dishonest about what you were expecting, mostly to cover your butt.
- I love you. A lot. I always have and always will. But never in the way you want.
- I think you should dump him and move on with your life. You deserve someone who will take care of you too.
- I really want to be your friend and part of your community, but for some reason, always have a hard time connecting with you.
9 things about myself:
- I have a bleeding heart for animals. I start crying when watching shows about polar bear extinction and want to adopt every animal in a shelter.
- I frequently dreams about raising rabbits again.
- One of my superpowers is to have people tell me about their dating/romance/sex lives. Mostly of the time, I’m honored that they feel I’m open/non-judgmental enough to tell deep dark secrets. Though sometimes, it’s just not appropriate.
- Lists help me remember.
- I enjoy presenting and public speaking, but don’t always enjoy small group activities and get way more stage fright there.
- I grew up drinking well water. Great tasting water. I cannot drink unfiltered city water and can always smell the chlorine and minerals. The worst water I ever drank was at my great-grandparents’ house in rural South Dakota.
- I like puzzles: crossword puzzles, suduko, mystery novels, css coding
- My ethics are basically summed up with the words: Star Trek: The Next Generation. And I’m thinking of changing my facebook religious status to “Batman.”
- I believe questioning, skepticism, and our ability to learn and retain knowledge and seek more is what separates the animal of humanity from other animals.
8 ways to win my heart:
- Doing what you’re passionate about in a positive way. It’s one thing to talk the talk, but another to walk the walk.
- Being kind to animals.
- Take my opinions on comic books seriously. Even if you disagree with them.
- Compliment my cooking/baking.
- Take me out to dinner and don’t comment on my food restrictions.
- Give me a safe and open place to be myself.
- Surprise me. In good ways. Like continuously opening up a pomegranate.
- Be unashamed of being dorky or corny.
7 things that cross my mind a lot:
- Use your turn signal, turn on your lights in the rain, and don’t wear all black to cross the street at night.
- My cat doesn’t trust me to feed him. Only his constant meows remind me, even if I have his food in hand.
- Why do people create unnecessary .pdfs?
- Are iPods subject to the cassette tape rule? Cassette tape rule: Every tape turns into a Queen tape while on a road trip.
- Wow, X would make a really great blog post. Too bad I’m half asleep, but I’m sure I’ll remember in the morning. REMEMBERING NEVER HAPPENS. EVER.
- Clothes: Why don’t you create outfits out of yourself so I can slip easily into them. Or better yet, why don’t I have singing mice to create me haute couture?
- Will plugging my brain into the computer be awesome or will I end up a Cyberwoman or Borg?
6 things I do before I fall asleep (in no particular order):
- Brush my teeth.
- Sing the bedtime song to Winston.
- Tell Jason I love him.
- Fill my water glass.
- Tell myself a story.
5 people who mean a lot:
4 things I’m wearing right now:
- The necklace Jason’s dad bought me
- Green ExOfficio waffle shirt
3 artists I listen to often lately:
- Scissor Sisters
- Gnarles Barkley
- Tori Amos
2 things you want to do before you die:
- Search for hobbits in New Zealand.
- Spend my retirement (pre-assisted living years) in a villa in Tuscany.
- I have big life plans that I don’t talk about online because 1) I fear failure; 2) I fear success; 3) I don’t want to be held accountable to the interwebs yet; 4) plans aren’t completely hashed; and 5) it could have real life consequences on other things I’m trying to do.